March 27, 2020
We have been closely monitoring developments related to the spread of COVID-19, referred to commonly as Coronavirus. We are highly committed to the health and safety of our guests, business partners, employees, and the surrounding communities we serve. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily pause some operations of Oak Terrace Resort through Monday, April 6, 2020.
Please be aware that we have transitioned to working from home for most employees and are available by email during regular business hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. For your information, general inquiries can be sent to email@example.com or call 217-539-4477.
We believe this pause is a necessary precaution to eliminate the risk of any further public transmission. Parts of Oak Terrace Resort are considered Non-Essential and parts of it are considered Essential.
Essential Guest Services include:
- Mulligan’s Restaurant is open on Saturday Evenings from 4:30-8:00pm for Carry-out Only http://eatmulligans.com/dinner-menu/
- Lodging is available 7 days/week http://oakterraceresort.com/lodging/
Non-Essential Guest Services include:
- Golf see page 4: https://www2.illinois.gov/dceo/Documents/Essential%20Business%20FAQ.pdf
During this time, our team will be working diligently to prepare for opening day. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and will keep you apprised of any additional changes to our current action plan once finalized. All future updates will be posted here. Stay home, stay safe!
March 18, 2020
Important Message-Coronavirus (COVID-19) Activity and Awareness Update
As you plan your visit to our resort, you may have questions about our efforts to address Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The well-being of our guests and employees is of paramount importance. We are closely monitoring the updates and statements being issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization regarding the coronavirus. We are strictly adhering to the guidelines given by these agencies, and our local and state health departments.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our guests and employees. So, while we always strive to maintain the highest standards when it comes to cleaning our facilities, we are taking it even further by increasing the frequency of our cleanings and concentrating on high traffic areas.
Specifically we have implemented the following:
- We are ensuring employees follow procedural protocols of frequent hand washing, through regular communication, and signage in key employee areas.
- We are discouraging all personal contact within our facilities, including shaking hands.
- We are increasing the frequency of cleaning high-touch surfaces in the guest rooms in our hotel, townhomes and condos, as well as all public areas including, restaurant, bar, spa, fitness center, public restrooms, and elevators. In addition, we have extended our cleaning efforts to include golf carts. This includes steering wheel, bag strap, seat and cup holders.
- We are closely monitoring the number of people allowed inside our resort buildings based on mandated guidelines. In addition, we are discouraging all personal contact within our facilities, including shaking hands.
- If an employee appears to be suffering from flu-like symptoms, they will be asked to promptly seek medical attention and will be prohibited from returning to work until they are free of symptoms.
- While the immediate local health risk from COVID-19 is considered low, we have an Emergency Response Plan in place should a guest or employee begin to show signs of an infectious disease.
Effective end of business day March 16, 2020 Illinois barred restaurants and bars from serving sit-down customers for at least 2 weeks. We intend on serving our guests with room service or carry-out meals during this restricted time period.
We know how stressful this time is for everyone, and so we are committed to offering flexible booking and cancellation options for our guests. Any new or existing reservations for travel between now and April 30, 2020 can be rescheduled or cancelled at no charge.
On a positive note, “social distancing” occurs naturally with golf, and could be the perfect pick-me-up outdoor activity during these social restricting times.
Our management team is meeting daily to monitor the situation, and we pledge to continue addressing this important matter with the utmost priority, which will include staying in communication with our guests as we have updates to share.
March 15, 2020
Golf & Coronavirus: What you need to know
A leading infectious disease expert says the game can still be enjoyed, albeit with some modifications. Click here to read on Golf Digest