Cosmetologist Job Description
Supervisor: Spa Director
Corporation: Beyers Lake Estates, Inc.
Employment Type: Part time or Full Time. Must work most Saturdays
Date of Employment: Year round
Basic Function: All hair services i.e. haircuts, styling, drying, curling, updo, coloring, highlighting, perming, treatments. Specific techniques – balayage, ombre, sombre, hair painting, and more. Attend CE’s and stay up to date with latest trends and styles. Complete client services in time that is allotted for each service.
Pre-Requisites: Current licensed Cosmetologist
Excellent public relations skills
Self motivator and promoter
Knowledgeable of all spa services and retail items
- Know schedule and consistently check throughout the day for any add-on clients.
- Always carry self in a professional manner, both in and out of services. There is always a possibility that clients could be present.
- Always offer clients a beverage after every service to aid in hydration.
- Report any problems to the Spa Director.
- Turn on lights in salon at the beginning of the day. Turn off at the end of the day.
- Make sure stations are stocked, dressed and ready for clients at all times.
- Fill professional product stock if needed.
- Unload the sanitizer and put away all implements in the appropriate place. At the end of the day make sure all implements from the day are put in the sanitizer.
- Make sure trash and laundry are empty.
- Make sure chairs and couch pillows are set nicely at the beginning of the day. Check throughout the day and at the end of the day.
- Participate in the sorting, folding and putting away of the laundry for all departments.
- Make sure all windows and doors are closed and locked at the end of the day.
- Make sure all clients know where they are going next and when their next service is scheduled
- Promote product sales
- Attend all departmental and resort-wide trainings and meetings as required
- Receive additional trainings or continuing education credits as needed to keep license valid
- Perform duties as stated in the employee guidelines/protocols